SHOWCASES - OPERATING POLICY
Approved Dec/87 Revised August 91
Amended January 20, 2002
Amended November 2007
Amended November 23, 2008
Amended November 30, 2009
Amended November 16, 2021
At COCA Conferences, a variety of artists are selected to perform. All showcases will consist of a cross section of disciplines within the entertainment industry.
Showcase Committee Policy
The Showcase Committee will select showcases to represent quality, variety, diversity and inclusive programming.
- The committee shall be made of up of a minimum of one Chair and four school members.
- Any person who represents an act shall be ineligible to sit on the selection committee.
- Showcase selections shall be kept confidential until after the showcasing artists have been announced.
Showcase Artists Policy
- All artists will not showcase anything that may discriminate based on race, color, religion, economic status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ethnic background, or disability.
- Any artist selected to showcase must be or become an Associate Member of COCA or be represented at the conference by a company that is or will become an Associate Member of COCA.
- All showcasing artists must be in good standing with COCA.
General Showcase Policy
- Showcase selections are awarded to individual acts based on applications received and not the represented associate.
- No artists substitutions will be allowed to showcase. If the selected artist is unable to showcase, the artist forfeits their fee and time slot.
- Any live performance during the conference, promoted or advertised directly to conference delegates, that occurs outside the officially scheduled program of the conference may be considered an illegal showcase. The Board may exercise and impose any penalty provided for in the grievance procedure.
- All production equipment (sound & light) will be provided by COCA.