Directions from Toronto:
• Take the 401 west towards London.
• Take exit 278 to Highway 8 west (towards Kitchener/Waterloo).
• Take the Highway 7 east exit towards Guelph/Waterloo.
• Follow Highway 7 east, which becomes Highway 85 north.
• Take the second University Ave. exit (University Ave. W.).
• Continue down University Ave. Laurier will be on your left-hand side at 75 University Ave. W.
KW is part of Waterloo Region, which is home to Canada's fastest-growing technology sector and is part of the Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor, the second-largest technology cluster in North America (second only to California). Our community has a reputation for innovation, where a new generation of entrepreneurs are ready to invent the future. Communitech, an internationally recognized, industry-led innovation centre calls Waterloo home, as does OpenText, Shopify, Google, Oracle, Vidyard and Igloo.
BEST OF THE CITY
• Canoe on the Grand River or hike the riverside trails.
• Hit the baseball field or shoot some hoops at Waterloo Park.
• Ski, snowboard or snow tube at Chicopee Ski Resort.
• Water tube or hike the Elora Gorge.
• Golf, skate or play at RIM Park.
• Check out a concert at Maxwell’s Concerts and Events.
• Go to a comedy show or performance at Centre in the Square Performing Arts Centre.
• Take in the latest exhibit or go to trendy events at THEMUSEUM.
• See a screening at Waterloo's historic Princess Cinemas.
• Catch one of the region’s numerous music or cultural festivals, such as:
• Waterloo Jazz Festival
• Waterloo Busker Carnival
• KW Multicultural Festival
• Ever After Music Festival
• Kitchener Blues Festival
• Buy local at the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market or Kitchener Farmers' Market.
• Shop, stroll and enjoy the patios and bars in Uptown Waterloo or Downtown Kitchener.
• Walk through the doors of a festhalle and have a great time at the largest Oktoberfest outside Germany.
• Check out Waterloo’s winter festival, Winterloo.
• Enjoy pancakes and festival fare at the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival.
• Taco Tuesdays at Ethel's Lounge
• Vegetarian/Vegan at Jane Bond
• Sandwiches at Vincenzo's
• Korean at Owl of Minerva
• Paninis and late-night grilled cheeses at Princess Café
• All-you-can-eat sushi at Kinkaku Izakaya
• Pizza at Famoso
• Wings at Morty’s
• Coffee at DVLB
• Spinach dip at Wilf’s
• Hong Kong-style desserts at Sugar Marmalade